You can upgrade your service at any time if your lease extension becomes complicated. Additional fees may apply, such as a property tribunal application of £525. These costs are typically incurred in about 40% of the cases that we deal with.
However, this does not include the cost of presenting your case which will involve the instruction of your valuer or an expert barrister. These costs are only incurred in about 5% of all cases we deal with.
All prices are excluding VAT.
What is included in the price:
- Firstly, the initial telephone conversation
- Next, a review of documentation in advance of drafting a notice of claim, in addition to keeping you regularly updated.
- Finally, we answer any questions as they arise
What is excluded from the price:
- Meeting at your local office with a lawyer (can be arranged at additional cost)
- Our fees for tribunal applications cover only the making of those applications and preparing the documents for them – representation at the hearing is not included and options will be discussed as and when the need arises
- Your valuation costs which are payable to your professional valuer are not included
- Your freeholder’s costs are not included in this quotation
- Legal advice outside of the service requested
- Land Registry Fees are due and will be payable based upon the purchase price.
How long will it take?
From service of the notice to completion a lease extension typically takes 6 months.
When will I pay?
We will ask you for money on account in advance of reviewing your documents and drafting the advice letter so that work can get underway on your matter immediately.