What is not included:
- Severing the tenancy of your property (if needed)
- Preparing a letter of wishes (if needed)
- A large number of monetary gifts
- Tax planning and advice
- The right for someone to live in your property after your death
- Making provisions for someone who is disabled
- Gifts with conditions or restrictions attached
- Planning for care home fees
- Disposal of business or agricultural assets
- Foreign assets
- Domicile issues
- Issues relating to capacity
- Matters not covered by a Simple Will
If you would like any additional extras, you can find costs for this via our Additional Costs Menu
What should I expect when writing a will?
Once you have decided to make your Will with us, we will arrange to meet with you either face to face or via an online platform such as Zoom. In readiness for our meeting, we will send you a questionnaire and some guidance notes.
You can either complete this in advance of the meeting or we can go through it together at the meeting. This is sent to you in advance, mainly to give you an idea of the sort of things we will discuss and the information we will need from you.
Once we have had our meeting, we will arrange to send a draft of your Wills to you within 7 working days (or another timescale agreed with you). When you are happy with your Will, we can make arrangements to see you sign your Will or send the document to you to sign at home with instructions on how to do this.