All trainees will complete a six-month seat in our Conveyancing department and subject to spending some time in a contentious department you will be asked to list your preferences from the following departments:
- Private Client
- Employment/Insurance Litigation
You will learn different skills in each seat. The SRA requires a number of skills to be met during the course of your training contract and these will be met through a mixture of the work you will undertake in your seats, the Professional Skills Course, and additional activities that you may be asked to do.
During the course of your training contract, you may also be asked to assist the firm with varying tasks. These could include, but are not limited to:
- Networking events
- Blog writing
- Preparing and delivering training for the Firm
- Looking after work experience pupils
- Attending in-house training workshops
What we are looking for:
- Law graduates with, or currently studying for their LPC
- Personal: A friendly and caring attitude and capable of delivering excellent client care
- Professional: A professional person, able to work independently whilst also being a team player and always acting with trust and integrity
- Progressive: Capable of demonstrating self-improvement and growing and improving for clients and yourself
- Positive: Driven and highly motivated individual with a positive outlook
Attwells aims to take on 2-4 trainee solicitors annually. We require our trainees to undertake a minimum 6-month period of working for us as a Paralegal before a training contract will be offered.
Paralegals are advertised for and recruited at any time throughout the year, as and when positions are available. We are happy to receive CVs for paralegals at any time and CVs, together with a covering letter, can be submitted to email@example.com .
Attwells are committed to recruiting individuals on the merits of suitability for each role, on the basis of qualifications and experience. All applications are treated equally regardless of sexual orientation, race, disability, religious beliefs, and any other protected characteristic.