Making redundancies can be challenging, especially for small and medium-sized businesses that often know their employees personally. Our Employment Team can help you navigate the redundancy process and discuss the best steps to take.
Although many employers can show that a genuine redundancy situation exists, they routinely fail to follow the right process.
- not considering alternatives to dismissal
- incorrectly identifying the pool of employees at risk
- failing to offer alternative employment if available.
These mistakes can result in damaging claims against your business and lengthy litigation that could be avoided if dealt with correctly.
Employers who may be faced with making their staff redundant can invite them to apply for voluntary redundancy instead. This can ease the situation and avoid compulsory redundancy.
At Attwells, we are committed to making the law simple. We use plain English, provide practical advice and unparalleled support.
Depending on the seniority of the fee earner undertaking the work on your behalf, we have two options for pricing.
- You can either agree fixed fees with us in advance for each stage of your matter. This provides you with complete control over costs upfront.
- Alternatively, you can instruct us for an hourly rate. We provide a maximum estimate for costs and monthly billing for all hourly rate work.
We will advise you of the fee rates applicable to your matter at the very outset.
Whatever the issue, Attwells are here to get you the best possible outcome and tenaciously defend your business.