Importantly, making redundancies can be challenging, especially for small and medium-sized businesses that often know their employees personally. Therefore, our Employment Team is here to help, we can navigate the redundancy process for you and discuss the best steps to take.
Common redundancy mistakes
Although many employers can show that a genuine redundancy situation exists, they routinely fail to follow the right process.
- Firstly, not considering alternatives to dismissal
- Secondly, incorrectly identifying the pool of employees at risk
- lastly, failing to offer alternative employment if available
Unfortunately, these mistakes can result in damaging claims against your business and lengthy litigation that could be avoided if dealt with correctly.
Therefore, employers who may be faced with making their staff redundant can invite them to apply for voluntary redundancy instead. This can ease the situation and avoid compulsory redundancy.
But at Attwells, we are committed to making the law simple, by using plain English and providing practical advice and unparalleled support.
To help SMEs we have two pricing options:
- Firstly, you can either agree to fixed fees with us in advance for each stage of your matter. As a result, this provides you with complete control over costs upfront.
- Or alternatively, you can instruct us on an hourly rate. Consequently, we wil provide a maximum estimate for costs and monthly billing for all hourly rate work.
In addition, we will advise you of the fee rates applicable to your matter at the very outset.
However, whatever the issue, Attwells are here to get you the best possible outcome for your business.